Building Trades Apprentice Applicant Requirements
- Applications will be available to pick up in person with a photo ID on the 1st Tuesday of every month between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- If for some reason these dates do not work out due to circumstances beyond the school’s control (i.e.: death, power outage, inclement weather, etc.), a new date will be posted and added to the calendar of application dates.
- All applicants must appear at the training school, 4560 Journal Street, Columbus, Ohio with a photo ID to pick up an application.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by June 15th of the application year.
- All applicants shall have a high school diploma, GED, or a letter from their high school (with school’s seal) stating that they are on track to graduate in June of the application year. Applicants will also need to provide high school grade transcript or GED scores.
- All applicants must live in one of the following counties in our jurisdiction: Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Hocking, Licking, Madison, Marion, Perry, Pickaway, Ross, or Union County.
- All applicants must have and maintain throughout their apprenticeship reliable transportation.
- All applicants must be physically able to perform the essential duties of the trade with or without reasonable accommodations.
- All applicants may be required to take a Differential Aptitude Test and Ramsay Aptitude Test or other validated aptitude test administered by a third-party testing agency.
- All applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee of $60.00. This fee must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money order. This fee is waived upon proof of financial hardship (must present current documentation.)
- All applicants must appear for an oral interview if scheduled.
- All applicants who are called from the applicant list for employment will be required to take a drug screening test.
- All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States and documentation showing such must be provided upon acceptance into the program.
- All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, or age.
Continuing Education Classes Available
- Medical Gas Installer and Brazer Certification (Minimum of 4 years’ experience required)
- Backflow Certification (Minimum of 5 years’ experience required)
- Industrial Rigging and Crane Signaling Certification
- Orbital Welding Certification
- Semi-Conductor Plastics Fitter Class
- Semi-Conductor Stainless Steel Fitter Class
- Mig Welding (Some welding experience is beneficial.)
If you are interested in attending one of these classes, contact the JATC. Your name will be put on a list, and you will be contacted as the class is scheduled.
Please Note: Information on this sheet is subject to change to meet any program, State, or Federal requirements.