To All Interested Parties:
This letter will serve as official notification that the Plumbers and Pipefitters Apprenticeship
and Training School, 1226 Kinnear Road, Columbus, Ohio 43212, will be handing out
applications for the on the following dates and times:
September 5, 2017 10:00AM - 5:00PM
October 3, 2017 10:00AM - 5:00PM
November 7, 2017 10:00AM - 5:00PM
December 5, 2017 10:00AM - 5:00PM
January 2, 2018 10:00AM - 5:00PM
One full week in February as follows:
February 5, 2018 through February 9, 2018 from 10:00AM - 5:00PM(Mon.-Fri.)
February 10, 2017 from 9:00AM - 12:00PM(Saturday)
If for some reason these dates do not work out due to circumstances beyond the school's control (i.e.: death, power outage, inclement weather, etc.), a new date will be posted and added to the calendar of application dates.
- All applicants must appear at the training school, 1226 Kinnear Road, Columbus, Ohio with a photo ID to pick up an application.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by June 15th of the application year.
- All applicants shall have a high school diploma, GED, or a notarized letter from their high school stating that they will graduate in June of the application year (will also need to provide high school grade transcript or GED scores.)
- All applicants must have a valid driver's license by date of interview.
- All applicants must live in one of the following counties in our jurisdiction: Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Hocking, Licking, Madison, Marion, Perry, Pickaway, Ross, or Union County.
- All applicants must be able to perform the work of the plumbing and pipefitting trade.
- All applicants may be required to take a DAT aptitude test or another validated aptitude test administered by a third party agency. (currently Owens Community College)
- All applicants must pay a one-time non-refundable application fee of $60.00 (this fee is waived upon proof of financial hardship).(must present current documentation)
- All applicants must appear for an oral interview if scheduled.
- All applicants who are called from the applicant list for employment will be required to take a drug screening test and a background check.
- All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, creed, sex, or national origin.